Vehicle Crossing Applications

If you intend to create a new vehicle crossing or you wish to alter an existing Vehicle crossover, (drop kerb) then you will need to apply to the Council’s Highways Department, or in some cases Essex County Council, depending on the local authority you are applying to. The Highways department will normally require scaled plans detailing the position of the cross over, existing and proposed drive finishes, and the location of nearby tree’s and other obstructions to assess whether or not your proposal meets their criteria. In some cases Planning permission may also be required.